Providing feedback and communicating to a sensitive student can be challenging. Approach to feedback is important so the sensitive student maintains their confidence and can continue to grow in the role. Consider the following when providing feedback to a sensitive student:
- Identify a private place to have the conversation.
- State your concerns clearly.
- Use ‘I’ statement, not “you”r” statements (For example, I am concerned).
- Actively listen to their response.
- Prior to exiting the conversation, agree on a plan.