Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About Sask Polytechnic and BCcampus Open Education
1. Pressbooks Accounts
2. Passwords and Usernames
3. Provide Access to Others
4. Create a New Book
5. Create Non-English Resources
6. Structure the Book: Parts and Chapters
7. Front and Back Matter
8. Book Appearance and Formatting
9. Word Count
10. Import Options for Pressbooks Content
11. Clone a Book
12. Import a Pressbooks or WordPress File
13. Import a Web Page or Pressbooks Webbook
14. Import a Word Document
15. Copy and Paste
16. Import a Google Doc
17. Import an OpenDocument Text (ODT) File
18. Import an EPUB File
19. Create Accessible Resources
20. Using the Pressbooks Editor
21. Hyperlink Material
22. Blockquotes and Pullquotes
23. Lists: Bulleted and Numbered
25. Images and Files
27. Videos, Audio, and Interactive Media
28. Media Attributions
29. Footnotes and Endnotes
30. Glossary Terms
31. Revisions Tool
32. Formatting Tips and Problems
33. Math Support
34. Where can I learn about LaTeX?
35. What is LaTeX?
36. How do I write a LaTeX expression in Pressbooks?
37. Which LaTeX commands work in Pressbooks?
38. How do I view an expression as it appears in LaTeX markup?
39. What is the difference between MathJax and QuickLaTeX?
40. How do I know if I’m using MathJax or QuickLaTeX?
41. Should LaTeX be used for all expressions, including simple ones?
42. Is there a simple website or application that I can use to test my LaTeX before adding it to Pressbooks?
43. What kind of symbols can I write using LaTeX?
44. How do I cross something out?
45. How do I write a fraction in LaTeX?
46. How do I create an array using LaTeX?
47. How do I make brackets around an expression bigger?
48. How do I write the correlation coefficient?
49. Can I use characters from the Pressbooks special character bank in LaTeX commands?
50. Why won’t my LaTeX render properly in the PDF export of my book when it works fine in the web book?
51. Activate Plugins
52. H5P for Interactive Material
55. WP QuickLaTeX
56. Third-Party Plugins
57. Delete a Chapter
58. Delete a Part
59. Delete a Book
60. Create a Book Cover
61. Fill Out the Book Info Page
62. Export Files
63. Make a Book Public
64. Pressbooks Directory
65. Import an Open Textbook into a LMS
66. Book Statistics Inside Pressbooks
68. Pressbooks Video Tutorial Series
69. LaTeX Support
70. Pressbooks FAQ
71. Pressbooks Feedback
72. What You Can Do with Pressbooks
73. The Admin Interface
74. Accessibility of Pressbooks
75. Content Disclaimer
76. Annotation with Hypothesis
Appendix A: Administrators, Developers, Technical Support
Appendix B: Pressbooks Catalogues
Appendix C: Editing OpenStax Textbooks
Appendix D: Other Pressbooks Resources
Sask Polytechnic Pressbooks Guide Copyright © 2016-2022 by Saskatchewan Polytechnic, / BCCampus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.